Builder: George Pike England 1795 Restored: Noel Mander 1970 Case: Chamber organ with glass doors - casework in a 'Chippendale' style. Console type: Integral Stop controls: Drawstop Action Key: Mechanical Stop: Mechanical Temperament: Tuning (a'): 440 Hz Wind supply Pressures (inches): 2 1/4 Specification: (GG-f3; 58 - No GG sharp) Stopt Diapason Bass 8 Divided at Mid. C Stopt Diapason Treble 8 Divided at Mid. C Open Diapason 8 Principal 4 Twelfth 2 2/3 Fifteenth 2 Sesquialtera Bass 22 26 29 III New 1970 Sesquialtera Treble 17 19 22 III New 1970 Trumpet Middle C 8 New 1970 Hautboy Middle C 8 Robson - 1856. Enclosed in 'Nags Head' swell box. Accessories: Hitch down Swell Pedal (Mechanical) Comments: Organ originally owned by Lady Arthur Hill of Hillsborough and was presented to the church in 1923. Electric blowing was added in the 1970 rebuild as were tuning slides as pipes were at the stage of being unable to cope with any more cone tuning. New Sesquialtera was made by Mander and based upon original breaks as the old Sesquialtera had been replaced sometime during the instruments history (by someone unknown) with a Snetzler chimney flute. Original Trumpet was lost. The organ is located in the choir area at the front of the church.
Source - IMcC 4/1995
|Return to Specification Page||Return to Home Page|